Recruitment at Struans
Struans are a family company with high calibre staff and a low turnover.
Any current vacancies we have are shown below. If none are displayed that match your skills. and you feel you have qualities you could bring to Struans, please contact Donna Scobie, Personnel Manager ( email@example.com ) as we are always on the lookout for fresh new talent.
We are currently recruiting for:
Struans have an exciting opportunity for someone currently working in the motor trade to join us as a Workshop Controller for Peugeot/Mazda in Perth.
We are a successful local company established for over 40 years and with 6 new vehicle franchises between Perth and Dundee. Being a family company we offer a more personalised environment for our staff to flourish in.
WORKSHOP CONTROLLER - PERTH
About the Job
Based primarily in the office, you will control day-to-day operations of the workshop which will involve:
- Distribute and control the issue of work to Technicians to maximise quality and efficiency with a steady flow of work
- Prioritising workload to meet customer need
- Liaise with reception to make sure any problems are dealt with quickly and efficiently, ensuring customers are kept up to date with the progress of their vehicle.
- Maintain high levels of work by implementing quality checks and resolving any issues
- Supervising the team: lead and motivate the team to achieve their daily objectives
- Ensure a strong relationship is maintained with the parts department to maximise parts availability
- Ensure the accurate completion of all documentation for each repair
- Working closely with the Service Manager throughout the day, keeping them updated with the workshop situation
- Health and Safety : Ensure that a safe working environment is maintained
- Dealing with Vehicle Health Checks and contacting customers about any additional work that been highlighted
- Normally working Monday to Friday
You should :
- Currently working in the motor trade either as a Workshop Controller, Technician or Service Advisor with good technical knowledge
- Have excellent organizational and communication skills whilst being able to help motivate the Technicians
- Be a good team player as well as being able to work on your own initiative with minimal supervision
- Be able to work skillfully and safely under pressure
- Continually work to high standards with high customer satisfaction in mind
- Have flexibility to work overtime at busy times
- Be living within 20 miles of Perth
Salary of £22,000 - £28,000 based on experience plus additional quarterly bonus based on department’s performance.
Application s with CV should be sent to Craig MacKenzie, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent